Autism is a developmental disability with no clear cause. Most experts believe that Autism manifests itself genetically and has no cure. The condition’s full name is Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), meaning that there is a near-infinite amount of iterations of levels of severity/functionality, but the varying levels are commonly classified into distinct spectrums of the degree of severity. The two most common forms of Autism are the Autistic Disorder and Asperger’s Syndrome and feature the following symptoms:
The aims and focus of the project
This project seeks to add to the e-Motion suite of games for children diagnosed with Autism and Asperger’s, as developed previously. However, your focus can fall upon any learning disability/ difficulty. The goal is to develop a series of stimulating and meaningful solutions to enhance the children’s overall learning experience (if the solutions can be multifunctional, it’s even better). You will need to work with your target audience in mind in order to attain the best possible results.
HOW WE HELPED
To create learning material for children between the ages of 4-8 both with learning disabilities and without. To create stimulating and meaningful solutions to enhance children’s overall learning.
WHAT WE DID
THE QUIET BOOK
A book made out of fabric that is filled with fun ‘quiet’ activities for children.
• alphabet animal cards (26)
• sum cards (10)
• shape cards (as suggested by the school while testing) (8)
INSTRUCTION AND ACTIVITY BOOKLET
• how to fix the book ( if things go missing or break)
• DIY projects that parents can do with their children
• activities that children can play
• coloring pages
• Downloadable PDF will include instructions on how to make the book along with pictures
PACKAGING AND EXTRA ITEMS
• cardboard shoebox painted in chalkboard paint
• stickers, foam animals, beads, magnet tape, different fabrics and chalk