Johannesburg Heritage Foundation
The Johannesburg Heritage foundation is a non-profit organisation which aims to protect our built heritage resources which are precious, non-renewable, finite and irreplaceable. Through its core activities of Tours, Research, Education, Conservation and Activism, the Johannesburg Heritage Foundation aims to protect our rich and varied heritage within Johannesburg and its associated social history, for the use and enjoyment of both current and future generations.
The aim of the project is to explore and deliver design solutions for the Johannesburg Heritage foundation. This will take the form of refining critical touch points of the brand and their public and social image.
The focus of the project is to assist and collaborate with the JHF (Johannesburg Heritage foundation) to build and improve the message to their community through the use of design.
HOW WE HELPED
The community being The Johannesburg Heritage Foundation, needed a design concept for packaging of the 5 Heritage Maps of Johannesburg, which would be sold to rejuvenate funds spent on acquiring the maps. The foundation also needed a display stand which could be used as a point of sale to hold the maps and brochures
As a group we created:
- 7 historic maps of the City
- Package and print ready
WHAT WE DID
- Look and Feel of website and brochure incorporated.
- Simple ribbon to allow for texture.
- Sticker on lid for JHF Logo.
- Stickers reinforce the concept of display stand.
POINT OF SALE
- 1 piece of foam core folded to triangular prism.
- Easy to remake if necessary.
- Easy to laser cut template.
- Simple contemporary line and shape.
- Stickers reinforce the concept of Nollie map used in the website and brochure.